Tuesday 15 May 2012

About Protein Powder: GFR Health Whey Protein

About Protein Powder: GFR Health Whey Protein


Hello everyone, today I'm going to review another brand of protein from GFR Health. This edition will be chocolate flavoured.

Nutritional Value


This protein is an isolate which contains 120 calories, 2 grams of fat (1.4g saturated), and 25 grams of protein per 32 gram serving. Like most other proteins, this is sweetened with sucralose.

Absorption


Whey is the fastest absorbing protein available so its great at any time especially before or after a workout. This protein is NOT hydrolyzed. This protein is an isolate so it gives a great concentration of protein per gram.



Taste and Mixing



This powder actually tastes quite nice in milk, but is absolutely disgusting in water. This powder is quite bad when it comes to mixing since there will always be chunks of powder floating around. For this reason, this is usually the protein I put on snacks rather than in my drinks.

Price


I grabbed this protein for $25/2kg at my local Costco which is actually a great price up here. What it may lack in some convenience, it definitely makes up for in price.

Final Thoughts



A tub of GFR health whey protein
(picture courtesy of gfrhealth.com)

To finish this review off, although this protein is rather poor when it comes to mixing, it does have a pretty decent taste to it and it's a great value considering that it's a cheap protein powder, especially for an isolate. Basically, if you're looking for the most bang for your buck, this might be it. Thanks for reading this review and remember to check back for more!

6 comments:

  1. That's great post. Thanks for sharing such a great information about GFR Health Whey Protein among the users. I am sure that your post inspire lots of people that whether to use this product or not in daily diet. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is it actually made? China??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think that it's made in Canada but I'm not sure because I don't use this protein anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this weekend is good in support of me, as
    this point in time i am reading this impressive educational article
    here at my home.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog; amazon gift card generator

    ReplyDelete